Why to invest in Qatar?
Qatar, formally known as the State of Qatar, is a sovereign nation arranged in Western Asia. Qatar intends to be one of the main nations in the stability and growth of the business sector.
The nation seeks after a robust program known as “Qatarization”. All joint endeavor enterprises and government divisions mean to move Qatari nationals to a place of more prominent authority focusing on half of the labor force in the business and energy area.
Read more about the top business opportunities in Qatar on our website.
Economy of Qatar
Qatar, being an investment-friendly country, has one of the richest economies in the world. It is a highly developed country with one of the highest GDPs in the world.
Oil and gas are the two cornerstones of the Qatari economy as it has the world’s third-biggest gas reserves and oil holds, contributing more than 70% of the total government earnings, 60% of the GDP and about 85% of export earnings. On a per-person basis, Qatar is now the wealthiest country in the world. The primary industries in Qatar include:
- Liquefied natural gas
- Crude oil
- Reinforcing steel
- Ship repair
- Construction material
Investment Sectors in Qatar
Qatar, being incredibly prosperous in terms of GDP and economic growth, offers several investment opportunities. A few of these are:
- Ministry of energy and industry
- Qatar tourism authority
- Qatar Rail
- Supreme committee for delivery and legacy
- Building materials
- Information technology
- Installation and maintenance service
Perks of Investing in Qatar
The Qatari government is very keen to attract investors globally. For that, they offer an excellent range of incentives for the investors to facilitate their business and their investment in Qatar, making company formation in Qatar both lucrative and simple. These include:
- The subsidized rate for oil, gas, and electricity
- Zero import duty on machinery, spare parts, etc. for the benefit of industrial projects
- Tax exemptions for different accounts
- Relaxed immigration and investment rules for foreign investors
- Excellent telecommunication facilities
- Exemption from income tax on salaries
- High-quality infrastructure facilities
- One of the lowest cooperate tax rates in the world – 10%
- Efficient transport system
- A well-balanced demand and supply of utilities
- The Companies law that has come into effect in Qatar in 2015 has pulled out various business restrictions and corporate procedures in the country
- Presence of special economic zones to facilitate business
Before investing, it is really crucial to choose a specific type of business vehicle that would complement the business operation that you want to pursue. Choosing the correct type of business entity in Qatar is a very crucial step in business investment.